What's goin' on at Amazon?!

Monday, September 24, 2012


The first days of fall and ~ in this lovely corner of God's Country, Wyoming ~ He was ready! Hopefully, I've been able to share a photo of my new walking path and bridge in all its Glory.

If Spring is God's announcement of the Resurection (which it surely is), then we have entered the season when God reminds us of our Fall from Grace. I'm so thankful to be in a special ministry preparing to share my "fall" with another trustworthy sister this week.

The homework in this women's ministry requires me to take a 'fearful and searching' inventory of my life; those I have wronged, those who have wronged me. It's another perfectly timed opportunity to free myself from the fetters of unforgiveness . . . in some cases many many seasons overdue.

With heartfelt thanks to God, I've had opportunities right from Salvation Year One to surrender to this process; beginning with the most apparent and appalling of my "mortal" sins {as my Catholic childhood would have labeled them}. These were my dire regrets. My most secret shames. My most raw and racking wounds.

My brilliant college freshman son informs me that the science of the lovely change in autumn leaves is actually due to a subtle change in the bearing of sunlight. Those glorious golds and rich russets are ~ in a sense 'always present'; but are concealed until this subtle, seasonal slackening of light affects the leaves' chemistry, in turn 'revealing' their new color.

What a clever demonstration by Elohim ~ God of Creation ~ of the healing process in me that is the mingling of God's sometimes indirect but penetrating light into my darkest places.

Laser surgey of the soul.

No comments: